Click here to join the Krewe de Mishappiness!
For the past ten years, Minor Mishap Marching Band has happily hosted numerous free, public events. Celebrating community in public space is one of our main objectives, and it’s important to us that most of these events remain free, open, and inviting to all. However, throwing these events usually costs us money. As these events have grown, we’re realized that some of them might really benefit from a bit more infrastructure. We are now partly funded by the City for public arts and cultural funding! This funding covers part of the cost of putting on these events. So, we are asking the community who values these events to help us make them happen, too.
The good news is that this isn’t some boring ol’ donation snooze-fest – WE ARE STARTING A KREWE, and YOU ARE INVITED to be in it! “Krewe” is a very old Mardi Gras term that describes “a group of revelers who band together to host balls, parades or social events.”
Sounds fun, doesn’t it?
We know many of you love dancing through the streets in brassy revelry, wearing magnificent costumes, and celebrating together. We know many of you also share with us the goals of fostering a culture of community-connection, celebration, and public art, right here in our dear Austin, TX. We would like to invite you to help make these wonderful things happen, year round, in Austin, as members of the Krewe de Mishappiness!
Krewe de Mishappiness member benefits:
- Come to the Krewe de Mishappiness member in the Winter Solstice Lantern Ball!
- Be an official Krewe member and help us make this years Winter Solstice Lantern Parade the biggest and most beautiful yet!
- Be a part of making the Tour de Broccoli a truly Austin event – a tour of small farms and farmer’s markets, including a series of small pop up shows in these locations around Austin!
- Strut your stuff as part of our Sidewalk Parade series – a series of casual (but fabulous) neighborhood parades in neighborhoods that have traditionally been underserved by cultural programing. These parades are designed to create stronger communities, bring neighbors together, and help make Austin a more integrated city.
- Krewe members receive early email notification for popular events that are likely to sell out, for example a head start on reserving boats for the Canoe Shows and Flotillas.
- Krewe de Mishappiness will march with Minor Mishap in the big HONK!TX Parade March 31 2019!
- Last but not least, help us with our new weekly workshops, called Blowcomotion. Blowcomotion is a weekly brass band workshop for adults of all skill levels, including total beginners. We feel that there aren’t enough opportunities for adults to learn and play musical instruments, and we want to add even more brassy goodness to the public spaces of Austin, Texas! All are welcome and we would love to have you involved in Blowcomotion whether or not you are a Krewe member! More info about Blowcomotion is here
- At each event, you will know that YOU have helped make these events possible.
We want to directly involve you in creating the culture you want to see here in Austin, and so the Krewe de Mishappiness experience is $25-100, sliding scale. Much cacophonous brass and splendid revelry will be had. Thank you for your support!